WHO IS GOD TO YOU?

     

God means so many things to different people. There are some people that see God like a variable that changes with circumstances surrounding their lives. To be sincere, there are some life issues that make people that once believed in God to doubt Him, and this group of people might begin to feel that individuals that say good and nice things about God have smooth lives, so they don’t have reasons to say otherwise. Meanwhile to some people, God is who the religious people reverence and they don’t want to be in that category, so they prefer to be neutral or be a pagan. Moreover, some people know that God exist and know He is a mighty God, but they feel that being a Christian is too tasking and boring. Furthermore, some people see God as a trendy fellow that they have to follow not because they have a personal encounter with Him, but rather, they feel that by following He makes them trendy and hot. Lastly, there are some group of people that believe that God does not exist, the atheists and some group believe that the existence of a greater power like God can’t be proven or disproved, the agnostics.
  

What does the Bible say about God?

In Genesis 1:1- 27, the bible made me to understand that God is creator of the heavens and the earth, night and day, sky, waters, land, vegetation, stars, living creatures in water and on land, and man. Interestingly, in Exodus 3:14, God revealed His name to us as, “I AM WHO I AM”.


The other names of God in Ancient Israel include Jehovah (Lord); Jehovah Elohim (creator, preserver, keeper of His Covenant); Adonai (our sovereign God, owner of all); El Elyon (the most high God, Genesis 14:19); El Shaddai (almighty God, Genesis 17:1); El Olam (the everlasting God, Genesis 21:33); El Roi (God sees me, Genesis 16:13); Jehovah Sabaoth (the Lord of hosts, 1 Samuel 17:45); Jehovah Shalom (Jehovah sends peace, Judges 6: 24); Jehovah Tsidkenu (the Lord our righteousness, Jeremiah 23:6); Jehovah Rohi (the LORD is my shepherd, Psalm 23:1); Jehovah Jireh (the Lord who will see to it that my every need is met Genesis 22:12-14); Jehovah Rapha (the Lord who heals Exodus 15:22-26);  Jehovah Nissi (the Lord our banner, Exodus 17:15-16); Jehovah Shammah (the LORD is there, Ezekiel 48:35); and Jehovah MiKadishkim (the LORD which sanctifies you, Leviticus 20:8).


Moreover, in the new testament, in John 1:1 to be precise described who God is by saying, ”In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God” (New International Version). In addition, God is light and He has nothing to do with darkness (1 John 1:5).

 

Who God is to me

Likewise, God means so many good things to me. He is my only genuine lover (1 John 4:16), my creator, my protector, my healer, my provider, in fact my EVERYTHING. God is the supreme being that I run to when all hope is lost because He is the only ONE that blesses without sorrow (Proverbs 10:22). At times, the last option to be honest and this not like I don’t believe in God’s help, it just that unconsciously I strive so hard forgetting that I have an EVER-PRESENT HELPER in times of trouble (Psalm 46:1) and all  I need  to do is to surrender completely to Him  (Matthew 11: 28, Romans 9:16). To be sincere, there are times when it seems everything is wrong and I am like, “God, have you left me?” At times, I conclude hopelessly, maybe I am not God favorite so I can't get some things from Him.

You know what? I have learned and realized so many things through my years of my Christian Faith  that life isn’t going to be all bed of roses (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8) and God hasn’t promise a life free of tribulation (John 16:33). So, when I don’t get what I want from God, He is saying NO that is isn’t for you dear or dear it is not yet time. Most importantly, I have learned that God is always on time and He is never late. 

To conclude, often times I don't understand God but I know He exists, I trust Him and He is the reason why I am still living. Therefore, I strongly believe that every individual should have a personal encounter with God to know who He really is.  Hence, “How to have a Personal Encounter with God will be the next topic in the next post, next week”. Kindly share who God is to you in the comment section. God bless you.














Thanks for stopping by.

Comments